Detox diets, juicing, fasting… you name it, I’ve tried it! I love experimenting and trying different things to see how my body responds. My personal philosophy is that every single body is unique and therefore what’s best for one person may not necessarily be best for another. That’s why I believe experimentation is essential!
So recently I purchased the 10-day Super Blend Me diet. Now the great thing about this plan is that apart from being able to purchase Jason Vale’s book and follow the plan, you can actually order all the smoothies ready-made, frozen and get them delivered to your door!
I think it’s obvious which option I chose!
Why I decided to try this detox diet
- I adore Jason Vale! I’ve tried many of his previous juicing diets and felt fantastic. I own almost all his books on juicing and healthy eating and so, he came out with a new plant-based protein smoothie diet and well I had to try it!
- It was super convenient! All I had to do was order the smoothies online and got them delivered within a couple of days. It’s also great because you don’t need to worry about cleaning the juicer/Nutri Bullet or preparing food, all you need to do is in the evening simply take the smoothies for the next day out of the freezer and into the fridge to defrost overnight.
- The smoothies contain plant-based protein. Jason’s previous plans usually consist of juices and smoothies made out of fresh fruits and vegetables and absolutely nothing else. That’s exactly why I love them! But this time he has decided to add some protein and healthy fats (from almond butter, cashew butter etc..) and so it was interesting to try something new.
- I had gotten myself into a little sugar rut just before the detox plan. I was eating a good amount of junk food and wanted a reset so the 10 day plan seemed perfect!
Delivery day: What came in the box
30 x Smoothies
20 x SOS juice bars
1 x Super Blend Me Book
1 x Juicy Magazine
Detox diet outline
The way that Jason suggest that the diet is implemented is as follows:
Have 3 smoothies per day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Making sure there is at least 4 hours between meals.
You’re also allowed up to 2 SOS juice bars per day if you get very hungry.
Herbal tea and water you can consume in unlimited quantities. However, coffee is forbidden (just for the 10 days – to give your adrenals a break)
- The absolutely most important result was how I FELT. By day 10 I felt light and rejuvenated. I also felt much calmer and more positive.
- I had so much ENERGY! and also felt like I needed less sleep. Usually, I would sleep 8-9 hours a night. On this plan I was waking up naturally feeling refreshed after 7 or so hours of sleep.
- I lost some weight. I went from 51.6kg to 49.4kg.
- Body fat % went down too, from 22.7% down to 20.2%.
- Skin was clearer and fresher looking.
Would I recommend this detox plan?
Firstly, I want to say that this diet plan is definitely not sustainable and nor should it be. It isn’t something that should be done for longer than 10 days (in my opinion).
The main reason to do such a plan is to reset your body and give your digestive system a well-deserved rest.
- If your diet is very healthy, you can use this plan to simply give your body a rest.
- If your diet isn’t so healthy, you can use this plan as a transition into a healthier diet. Doing this plan resets your taste buds so once you have finished it you’ll find that you’re no longer craving the junk food, so it’s easier to eat healthily.
If your reasons to do such a plan are somewhat of the above then YES! I would definitely recommend it. If however, you’re looking for a quick-fix or a quick weight loss tool I wouldn’t recommend it because if you go back to eating junk food after the plan you will put on all the weight back (and perhaps more!)
If you want to give this 10-day Super Blend Me Detox Diet a go you can visit the link below and place your order.