Salad… What pops up in your mind when you think of salad?
Most people would probably say boring, restrictive diet food. And they would be 100% correct if all they know is salads made only with lettuce, cucumber and tomato.
I absolutely love salads! I could even go as far and say that salads are my favourite meals. But not simple salads. I love rich and wholesome ones. The kind that
So, to help ignite your perhaps dormant passion for salads, I’d like to share one of my favourite superfood salad recipes (and yes, there are many! :))
- Lettuce and salad leaves
- Baby Spinach leaves
- Cooked quinoa
- Apple cut into cubes
- Dried fruits; Raisins, Cranberries, Goji berries (you can put a little of each)
- Figs (fresh is best but dried will also do)
- Organic goat’s cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp organic honey
- Firstly, take out your favourite bowl.
- Cook the quinoa.
- Wash all the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Put the lettuce, salad leaves and spinach at the bottom of the bowl as a base.
- Then add the cooked quinoa.
- Cut up all the fruits and veg and start layering them on top.
- Add the nuts and sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Finish off by pouring the simple dressing over the whole salad.
- And lastly, but perhaps most importantly, look at your creation, admire it, marvel at it, be grateful for it and Enjoy every single bite!